Your search for the best chocolate chip cookie ends here! This chewy chocolate chip cookie is my favorite go-to recipe. Crunchy on the outside, gooey in the middle, filled with dark chocolate chunks and topped with melty gooey marshmallow, this is the cookie of your dreams!
Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Egg Free, and Dairy Free
Prep Time: 45 minutes / Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 16 cookies
- 1 and a 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of salted butter, softened (use earth balance to make this recipe Dairy Free)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk (use Oatly Oat Milk to make it Dairy Free)
- 3/4 cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
- 1/4 cup of Mini Marshmallows or if using regular size cut in half (Campfire, or Dandies for a Vegan option)
- Preheat the oven to 350* degrees
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and set aside
- In a medium bowl mix your flour and baking soda and set aside
- In your mixer add your softened butter and mix until smooth and creamy
- Add your brown sugar and sugar to the butter and beat until it becomes fluffy
- Pour in your milk and vanilla until well combined
- Slowly add in your flour and baking soda mixture to your wet ingredients, mix well
- Toss in the chocolate chunks and fold into the dough with a spatula
- Wrap your dough into plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes
- Now take your dough and form 1 inch balls and place on your cookie sheet. Set them about 2 inches apart
- Bake at 350* degrees for 10-12 minutes
- Immediately after removing the cookies from the oven, take 2 mini marshmallows or 1 half of a regular sized marshmallow and press into the center of each cookie.
- Let the marshmallow warm a little and smear it over the top for that extra gooey look!
- Let cool for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.