Funfetti! The staple dessert for birthdays, because it just screams CELEBRATE! This cake recipe is completely top 8 allergen free, super moist, and full of vanilla and sprinkles!
Top 8 Free
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 15-20 minutes for cupcakes / 30 minutes for cakes
Yield: 24 cupcakes / 2 ~ 8.5″ inch round cakes
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour (replace for alternative flour)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2/3 cups grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup of rainbow sprinkles
- 1 cup of unsalted butter – room temp (replace for alternative butter – I use earth balance)
- 5 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of milk or water (I use Oatly)
- Sprinkles ~ optional
- Preheat your oven to 350* and prepare your pan.
- Cupcakes: put your 24 liners in the muffin tin
- Cakes: line your 2 ~ 8.5″ inch cake pans with parchment paper .
- In your mixing bowl add in your dry ingredients and mix (flour, sugar, baking soda and salt).
- Make a crater in the middle of your dry ingredients so you can add in your wet ingredients (white vinegar, grapeseed oil, vanilla, and water. Mix until well combined.
- Pour your batter into your prepared pans.
- Cupcakes: I like to use my ice cream scooper and fill them a little above half way.
- Cakes: I use my frosting spatula to scrape into my pans and fill each a little above half way.
- Put in the oven to bake!
- Cupcakes: 15 – 20 minutes
- Cakes: 30 minutes
- Done when toothpick comes out clean! Let completely cool before frosting.
- Place your room temperature butter into the mixer and whip until smooth and creamy
- Add in your powdered sugar a cup at a time, and mix until smooth and well combined
- Pour in your Vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of milk or water, mix well.
- *If you feel your frosting is too stiff to pipe go ahead and add in your 2nd tablespoon of milk or water, a half at a time to make sure it’s to your approved consistency.
- Scoop your frosting into your prepared piping bag and frost away!
- If you plan to add sprinkles, immediately add them otherwise they will just fall off